just an excerpt from a doctor’s advice (Mark Goulston, M.D.)
“Happy couples know that the real relationship begins when the honeymoon is over. Unless you maintain the garden of love, its beauty will wither and die. So let’s explore the 10 things that happy couples do:
1. Go to bed at the same time.
2. Cultivate common interests.
3. Walk hand in hand or side by side..
4. Make trust and forgiveness your default mode.
5.. Focus more on what your partner does right than what he or she does wrong.
6. Hug each other as soon as you see each other after work.
7. Say “I love you” and “Have a good day” every morning.
8. Say “Good night” every night, regardless of how you feel.
9. Do a “weather” check during the day. Call your partner at home or at work to see how his or her day is going.
10. Be proud to be seen with your partner.
Even if these actions don’t come naturally, happy couples stick with them until they do become a part of their relationship. They know that it takes 30 days for a change in behavior to become a habit, and a minimum of six months for a habit to become a way of life and love. “