I have this book, “If I really wanted to Simplify My Life, I would”…. It enumerates some useful tips, some are witty and some are just plain and practically simple…
Here are some of my favorites (and there are more):
1. Read instructions and follow them
2. Go for depth over breadth
3. Keep track of credit card spending (and cash for that matter)
4. Make lists
5. Keep a running “job jar” and “rolling” grocery list
6. Live in the present, learn from the past.
7. Pick after myself.
8. Refuse to spend what I don’t have.
9. Stop trying to keep up with the Joneses.
10. Take time off to renew my creativity and energy.
11. Keep my promises.
12. Join a car pool.
13. Turn off much noise as possible.
14. Think through decisions carefully.
15. Stay focused on truly important things in life.
I know it takes a lot of effort and practice to establish these as routine. But most of these are just change of our mindset. There are so many complications in life that we don’t really need. So why bother!