Tips for Feeling Better About Yourself
Well it’s rare for a person who isn’t sometimes (or often) have moments of self-doubt. When you’re feeling lousy about yourself, what can you do to feel better?
Then do something worthy of your respect. To like yourself better…do something that makes you likable. It’s tempting to think that support and encouragement from other people will reassure you, but A) often that doesn’t work and B) often you can’t winkle other people into giving you a pep talk.
1. Do a good deed. This is as selfish as it is selfless; you’ll benefit as much as the person you’re helping. Make small gestures of good citizenship. Offer directions to someone who looks lost. Sign up to be an organ donor.
2. Choose nice clothes to wear. Look your best even if you don’t feel like it. That will surely boost you.
3. Keep a resolution. You’ll get a boost from the mere fact that you made a commitment (even not as grand like doing 5-minute walk daily or cleaning) and stuck to it.
4. Become an expert. There’s great satisfaction in mastery. Pick a subject that honestly interests you, and dig in deep.
5. Challenge yourself physically and boost your energy. Some people feel great after roller-coaster-ride (like me). For less daring, a bike ride, or cleaning the car or pole dancing can do the trick.
6. Keep an eye for positive things and circumstances. Think of half-full glass.
7. Smile. Lighten up. The smile “back” is as rewarding and contagious.
8. Don’t fret. Don’t think much about “how to be happy” as this highlights why you are gloomy in the first place. Do something fun.
9. Get enough sleep.
Sourced from Happiness Project and Katrina M’s Journal