Today I attended a seminar required for my CPA license. I was not very enthusiastic to attend because I thought that I already knew the topic (i conduct seminar myself too, plus I read a lot) and this is just a “protocol”…
But I thought wrong… I realized how little I knew about the current business practices in general and the industry trends. And I learned a lot today…
1. That Wilkins earned big bucks by selling its Company at the right time…
2. That ‘lenovo’ is THE IBM
3. That most big companies’ major investors are their own retirement fund or foundation
4. Something about Z-score and Fiscal Fitness and Moog (i will have to learn this more)
5. A big company here pays their director Php10m for just 9 meetings.
6. That text books are for good times! Bad times are better tested through experience.
7. How Yellow Page lost.
and a lot more about risk management…. Plus, our instructor was very good and funny!
I resolved to make myself to welcome new learnings and knowledge, go out some more, have alliances, get mentors, attend seminars…. rather than confining myself in my table (as if i-know-it-all) …
I remembered my former SGV boss when he said (something to this effect), “keep up with the learning! If you think you know much, well that is not enough! Why? because if you will not keep up, you’ll eventually shrink because the body of knowledge is getting bigger and growing fast”!
Goal #48 – Learn New Things Everyday!