I am looking forward seeing my old friends from my high school tomorrow… I am excited but quite apprehensive… Some of them I regularly see, except those few that I didn’t see for quite some time, like 20plus years! We have contacts, one way or another, that’s what technology is about… but seeing them is different thing… I realized that I missed them… (Funny that feeling of “missing” them at the only moment you think of them…. Well maybe because of the sheer delight of these memories of childhood and friendship!)
Well, It made me remember now those days in high school when:
1. we usually walk home to save the fare
2. I was the favorite courier of love letters of male friends
3. we spent time in back street carinderia
4. we love to join the dance show, singing contest, declamation or any school presentation
5. I was tasked to measure the school ground using a toothpick (as initiation for COCC)
6. I lost spelling bee because of the word “inflammable” (I still believe that it should be single “s”)
7. I competed a Science Quiz Bee with a student from another school that eventually became my business partner (the “verde” in SVS)- by the way he won the bee
8. we lost the student body election
9. I once had sported spike hairstyle (eewww)
10. we were punished for insubordination during CAT time
11. we had drinking spree in between breaks
12. I helped a classmate in distress when she had a mishap while having LBM (ohh just imagine)
13. we formed CSG and GMS (full names are so lame, so I better leave as that)
14. we had countless bumming around in nearby classmates’ house (how can i forget the “haunted house” of Lee Ng’s)
15. I had few pesos for my recess snack that I have to help other classmates with their homework for a free snack (my constant customer is my papi now — just his style to get closer to me -haha)
16. we loved to sing “Desert Moon” and “Friend of Mine”….
and a lot more!
High school is just the moment to have fun, make great friends and doing silly stuff.
Well, I will see them tomorrow and let’s see if age have not impaired our memories!