To be “intentional” means working with purpose making every action count. Successful leaders are intentional. They know what they are doing and why they are doing it. To become more INTENTIONAL, do the following:
1. Have a purpose worth living for: “Some men have thousands of reasons why the cannot do what they want to, when all they need is ONE reason why they can”
2. Know your strengths and weaknesses: Playing to your strengths rekindles your passions and renews your energy.
3. Prioritize your responsibilities: Once you know the “why” of your life, it becomes much easier to figure out the “what” and “when”
4. Learn to say no: You can’t accomplish much without focus.If you try to do every good thing that comes your way, you won’t excel at what you were made to do.
5. Commit yourself to long-term achievement: Most victories in life are chieved through small incremental wins sustained over time.
— The 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player by John Maxwell