My first son have way passed the kid-teen barrier… I was not worried last year on his 13th because nothing seemed much change… but then suddenly I thought i was prepared for this, him going through much adolescent changes, but I am not, between last year and now… the “transformation” seems abrupt too (or its just my imagination)… but then again, it amaze me how he handles and enjoys his changes….
This blog is intended to “freeze” this moment in this jolo’s stage. Eventually in the future, I will read this and smile… I just wish he will grow up more to be a fine gentleman. For now, these is Jolo at this stage…
1. He amazes me with his musical instincts, he can play guitar and piano without training or even a songbook/musical note.
2. He is now a choreographer to his dance group and being considered as fine leader.
3. He is now an avid book reader (ouch on my pocket)… but he have already read many great series, and is now seeking for my old classic serious books like “The Shack” and “Sophies World” (to think he got hooked to books only a year before in their school book fair)
4. He is still in rubic cubes, puzzles and magic. Mind you his rubic cube is now that pentagon shape, with 24 pcs per color.
5. Shoes and caps are his favorite collection now.
6. He is a food-picker, with only few favorites, nothing much change on this area, so I have to put him on correct diet.
7. Weights- he is now conscious about his body… well he is getting taller but not yet too lean.
8. Religion – he got so excited with the youth religious service he attended and begging to join again.
9. He is a fine artist, I suppose, he can draw and create characters. (he even “sells” his works in drafting -uhuh)
10. He can learn so many things easily by observing and watching, like pen spinning and that difficult dance steps, and that electric guitar piece.
11. He is a little “obsessed” with his hair… had to spend more time in the morning fixing it.
12. He is fun to be with, he shares funny stuff and laughs in small stuff.
13. He is not sporty… but as he claim, he is “artisty”
14. He is my fine, good, loving, funny, curious, compassionate boy who I believe will turn up to be a fine gentleman.