The second cousinhood adventure! April 21-23, 2012…
This time our destinations are Bolinao and Alaminos Pangasinan, 200 kms north of Manila.
We are 25 in the group, we took 3 cars and 1 van. Our itinerary follows:
- Assembly time 3:30, take-off at 4:00 am
- Quick pandesal and CR break at Tarlac city, near Hacienda Luisita at around 6:00 am
- Long drive up to Alaminos, St Joseph Church at around 9:00am, where we stopped for a while.
- An hour drive to Bolinao and took the rough road to Bolinao waterfalls. We met AJ the 9year old guide.
- Few of us took a dip at the stream by the falls and enjoyed the cold water. I dont know why they are not ready to take the swim? Kaya antayin na lang nila kami… Sorry….
- We havent seen the other Bolinao falls which they said is more beautiful…. I think they are more worried with their cars getting dirty and got bumped by the rough road…hehehe
- At around 11, we looked for the Villa Carolina Resort… We took a few wrong turns… But finally we arrived.
- We ate our lunch and we are all famished…. We ate even without proper table setting… Heheh… Relleno, tinapa, adobo, itlog na maalat, mango, crabs, shrimps…. Yum yum!
- Rest time… Settle down….
- Walked to knee deep sea…. Picture taking….
- Prepared to go to have some caving and spelunking….
- We visited Enchanted Cave and we all took a dive and swim…. The water is cold, but the cave is too small…. Its not really a spelunking because they already cemented stair steps going down… So bigo sa spelunking.
- Then while we all still wet, we drove farther to Cape Bolinao, the lighthouse near Patar beach, we were supposed to wait for the sunset, but it is now too early, so we drove back to resort.
- Picture taking by the beach of the resort…. While watching sunset! Jump-shot and silhouette photos…. Great time spending with family!
- Dinner time with sarap sinigang na baboy! Wow….
- Wentuhan up to bedtime…. Saya…
That’s our day 1….
More exciting story in day 2…. To be continued….
I will face the world with goals set for this day,
but they will be attainable ones,
not the vague, impossible variety declared by those who make a career of failure.
I realize that you always try me with a little, first,
to see what I would do with a lot.
ALiya’s profile by the bay, 2011
Today Series: 15/22
I have been lagging in my reading lately, finding so many excuses why i havent finished yet the bookssss i have started… Then here’s Jolo prompting me to read yet another book… This time, Hunger Games… I dont wan’t to touch it because i haven’t gone past the 2nd chapter of 1st Percy Jackson (he had already finished the series!)…
Then came the announcement of the movie of HG! Jolo asked me if we could see the movie together on its first day before his bday….. (which I gratefully agreed, for the fear he might bring someone else)…. BUT on the condition that I will read the book! Oh-ohh!
Since it was already 10 days before the screening, i reluctantly devised a plan to read 30 pages a day! In time for the movie day…. (Imagine that this is the busiest month of my life because of tax season!). Yes, I reluctantly started this book – this juvenile book!
Well, you’ve probably guessed by now what happened next!
I was hooked!
3 days after, done! (and if it was not really busy tax season, i could have done it faster)….
Then the movie….
Then on his birthday, eventhough we already have the first book, I bought the trilogy books (the only one available in bookstore)…
Guess what? i have finished the two books in record-breaking pace!
Now, i have to pester Jolo to read them too, and fast! Or else….. 🙂
The traveling feet update…
I have recently updated my flickr account for my “traveling feet”… I have already posted 60+ but I still have more in my photo folders waiting to be posted, I know I can reach 101 photos… and these are the good ones (for me). I actually get tempted to post more than one picture per specific place, as there are so many stories that trigger by just showing those pavements or background. I actually became innovative, and sometimes do “somersault” on the grass, sidewalk or the soil just to capture the view. I wish I could someday blog each of these feet…
Here are the samples…
Bantay Bell Tower, Vigan, Ilocos Sur
Calle Burgos, Vigan, Ilocos Sur
Pasacao Beach, Bicol (with ALiya)