(Catch-up post : June 2012)
After a few rest on the swing under the tree at Balicasag Island, Kuya Bankero took us to another island called “Virgin Island.” An uninhabited island that can be gone under the water during high-tide. Going there is a challenge because of shallow water that time. You can see the corals and sea grass on its shallow bed. And the island and the crescent sandbar, another beautiful place to be… we took a “bath” (if that what it means by just sitting and laying on the sand)…
After awhile Kuya Bankero decided to start our way back, because we might get stranded if the water will further subside and became shallow, going back will be a big problem. So off we go, not a straight-line route to Panglao Island though, as he has to choose the correct path of deep water. Going back took us too long…
This is one of few moments that one can be at peace with nature and savor its beauty and misgivings… Another day to remember that there are so much to than about…
The second cousinhood adventure! April 21-23, 2012…
This time our destinations are Bolinao and Alaminos Pangasinan, 200 kms north of Manila.
We are 25 in the group, we took 3 cars and 1 van. Our itinerary follows:
- Assembly time 3:30, take-off at 4:00 am
- Quick pandesal and CR break at Tarlac city, near Hacienda Luisita at around 6:00 am
- Long drive up to Alaminos, St Joseph Church at around 9:00am, where we stopped for a while.
- An hour drive to Bolinao and took the rough road to Bolinao waterfalls. We met AJ the 9year old guide.
- Few of us took a dip at the stream by the falls and enjoyed the cold water. I dont know why they are not ready to take the swim? Kaya antayin na lang nila kami… Sorry….
- We havent seen the other Bolinao falls which they said is more beautiful…. I think they are more worried with their cars getting dirty and got bumped by the rough road…hehehe
- At around 11, we looked for the Villa Carolina Resort… We took a few wrong turns… But finally we arrived.
- We ate our lunch and we are all famished…. We ate even without proper table setting… Heheh… Relleno, tinapa, adobo, itlog na maalat, mango, crabs, shrimps…. Yum yum!
- Rest time… Settle down….
- Walked to knee deep sea…. Picture taking….
- Prepared to go to have some caving and spelunking….
- We visited Enchanted Cave and we all took a dive and swim…. The water is cold, but the cave is too small…. Its not really a spelunking because they already cemented stair steps going down… So bigo sa spelunking.
- Then while we all still wet, we drove farther to Cape Bolinao, the lighthouse near Patar beach, we were supposed to wait for the sunset, but it is now too early, so we drove back to resort.
- Picture taking by the beach of the resort…. While watching sunset! Jump-shot and silhouette photos…. Great time spending with family!
- Dinner time with sarap sinigang na baboy! Wow….
- Wentuhan up to bedtime…. Saya…
That’s our day 1….
More exciting story in day 2…. To be continued….
Letter to Aliya when she was 7 months old… in my tummy…
Written in Boracay, April 2, 2008…
Hi, we are here right now in Boracay. Capturing every moment of this day with you. I am so happy you’ve arrived in our life. I am grateful for your coming…. I love you… and may you become a great inspiration of love and hope and joy in our home. I am happy… but I am “dreadful” for the fear that I might fail you in the future. But know, my baby, that mommy will always try… always dream… always be strong for you and your brothers. I will do whatever I can do that i know is best. I love you and welcome soon…. Mommy.
Club Paradise, Coron Palawan
What a paradise, literally! Club Paradise at Dimakya Island Coron Palawan.
A very awesome vacation treat given by our beloved office. A yearly getaway, but this time “minus” the kids… We regret to leave the kids, but it turned out its better that this paradise needs to be explored by Mom and Papi by themselves first… honeymoon again… :>
For just a glimpse of this beautiful place, here are my “tsamba” photos:
at the sunrise side of the beach (yes, there’s a sunset side and sunrise side, all in one island!)
peaceful and “all-by-ourselves”
the walk on the beach…
…the solitary boat, afternoon delight…
the splendor of nature! the greatness of its Creator!
…we see to it that we watch every sunrise… and pray and be thankful!
More photos and kwento next time!
We conquered Singapore on our first day-August 5! No time spared, after quick lunch, we went to Sentosa Island via train… Great place, it is “all-in-one” place! Since we will have the Universal Studio on the following day, whole day, we explored the rest of the Sentosa Island… What we did there? A lot!
🙂 see and almost touched the huge version of Merlion
🙂 up the hill (of course with stairs and escalator) to ride the Sky Tower, the 360-degree revolving viewing ride! So we have a whole glimpse of the City.
🙂 the kids are not yet warming up, so we see the Cine-Blast featuring the Log Adventure, a 3D simulated ride! Great… can always be remembered!
🙂 we should not miss the Luge ride (a cart down the winding hill), operated only by a little push and pull of the hand lever! wheee!
🙂 then the sky-ride up again the hill, a four-seater open cable ride… everybody’s getting sick of height? si Papi lang… Wheeh!
🙂 we rode the bus to the tip of the island going to Fort Siloso, Lean’s pick from the brochure. this is their one of the war history museum! memorable!
🙂 we rode the tram and explore the tunnels and played on the ground!
🙂 we rode bus back to the island center…. then we took the queue at Segway ride… I thought I couldn’t do it, but it was easy pala, Lean loved it.
🙂 so while resting, we took the tram to explore the stretch of Siloso Beach!
🙂 tired? who isn’t? We took the trains back to the city — Vivo City, Dhoby Ghaut interchange, then Bras Basah!
😮 By the way, in between all those, Papi and Jolo are making fun of me , catching me on video in my moods…. hindi sila nagtagumpay!
🙂 ohh, we ate at Kopitiam foodcourt, near our hotel, Bayview Hotel….
Patikim pa lang yan… Tomorrow will be USS!!!it
#23 of my 101 – Relaxed Moments and Adventures with Parents (Abroad or Province) – This time it’s Subic!
I have planned for this trip for multiple purposes. It was originally because the announced store opening of Puregold Duty Free Subic was March 15. I booked right away for the house of my dear former Boss Manny from SGV as early as February and I happened to secure the place. Great! It is also the birthday getaway of Jolo and Lean. And I really have to squeeze this gimick in my tight schedule because of my commitment (to myself) of at least 2 adventures every month. Plus, it can also be a treat to Mama and Dad! So, off we go!
I invited my parents to come with us for some meaningful bonding moments. With only us in the big house (of 4 bedrooms, 5 baths and one big play room), we watched there the Pacman boxing with Clottey and just relaxed! Or so I thought, because relaxing is not suitable if you have 3 kids in tow. So we went for a great fun at Tree Top Adventure! I think this is a must in Subic! So, we tried the “rides” if that’s what is called of tossing us between trees, sideways and upwards! Jolo and Papi did the “Interactive Tree Fall” and “Surfing” while Jolo and I did the “Superman” (read more here as this is also an accomplishment of one of my 101), later on Lean and I rode the Canopy Ride for 40-minutes cable ride (chair) atop the trees up to 150 feet. See for yourself, see this site. The following day, we went on beach swimming at All Hands Beach (which Aliya enjoyed so much) and sunset watching.
But the highlight of our escapades (at least for me) is our daily breakfast at the garden… Just the family and Mama and Daddy! relaxed talks and lots of laughters! Great, great weekend!
Did I mentioned that the store did not open on that weekend? so I just drop-by to see the set-up (while they watch the sunset….)
see pictures on my multiply site, and the sample below: