This is a long overdue post about our picnic at Clarkfield Pampanga highlighting the hot air balloon show last February… great sights and early-morning experience…
#23 of my 101 – Relaxed Moments and Adventures with Parents (Abroad or Province) – This time it’s Subic!
I have planned for this trip for multiple purposes. It was originally because the announced store opening of Puregold Duty Free Subic was March 15. I booked right away for the house of my dear former Boss Manny from SGV as early as February and I happened to secure the place. Great! It is also the birthday getaway of Jolo and Lean. And I really have to squeeze this gimick in my tight schedule because of my commitment (to myself) of at least 2 adventures every month. Plus, it can also be a treat to Mama and Dad! So, off we go!
I invited my parents to come with us for some meaningful bonding moments. With only us in the big house (of 4 bedrooms, 5 baths and one big play room), we watched there the Pacman boxing with Clottey and just relaxed! Or so I thought, because relaxing is not suitable if you have 3 kids in tow. So we went for a great fun at Tree Top Adventure! I think this is a must in Subic! So, we tried the “rides” if that’s what is called of tossing us between trees, sideways and upwards! Jolo and Papi did the “Interactive Tree Fall” and “Surfing” while Jolo and I did the “Superman” (read more here as this is also an accomplishment of one of my 101), later on Lean and I rode the Canopy Ride for 40-minutes cable ride (chair) atop the trees up to 150 feet. See for yourself, see this site. The following day, we went on beach swimming at All Hands Beach (which Aliya enjoyed so much) and sunset watching.
But the highlight of our escapades (at least for me) is our daily breakfast at the garden… Just the family and Mama and Daddy! relaxed talks and lots of laughters! Great, great weekend!
Did I mentioned that the store did not open on that weekend? so I just drop-by to see the set-up (while they watch the sunset….)
see pictures on my multiply site, and the sample below:
Lean’s Bday is less than a month away, and I have to plan even a small, budget-friendly getaway. March 10 is the date! and unfortunately I’ll be away on that particular day for a business conference. So, we’ll “celebrate” it on the Sunday before that and on the weekend after that. We have planned really for a Subic trip on that following weekend… So maybe it’s Beach Time!
Good luck to me!
* picture aged 6
After reading several travel blogs from around the globe and read their nice praises and adoration about how beautiful is our dear country, it made me felt a tinge of guilt for not seeing more of it. So, instead of my daydream to go to Sentosa, I directed my plans to go to Palawan or Bohol… (another daydream? 🙂 )….
Well, to soothe my “guilt,” I am taking inventory of places of great interest I’ve been in the Philippines… (not in particular order and much specific…please bear with me)
1. Cebu City (my first experience of domestic flight)
2. Magellan’s Cross, Cebu City
3. Cebu White Sands Resort, Maribago Mactan
4. Sto Nino Basilica, Cebu
5. Sabang Beach, Puerto Galera, Mindoro (my first ferry ride)
6. Tanawin Bay Resort, Puero Galera, Mindoro (our honeymoon)
7. Tamaraw Falls, Mindoro
8. Camp John Hay, Baguio City
9. Mines View, Baguio and other city tourist spots (been here several times)
10. Mt Data Hotel, Bauko, Mt. Province (honeymoon again)
11. Intramuros Walled City, Manila
12. San Agustin Basilica, Intramuros
13. Manila Cathedral, Intramuros
14. Villa Escudero, San Pablo, Laguna
15. Batangas Beach (twice, same place, with HS friends then with SGV friends), Batangas City
16. Hundred Islands, Alaminos, Pangasinan
17. Candon, Ilocos Sur
18. Candon Church, Ilocos Sur
19. A beach house in Ilocos Sur (allegedly owned by C.Singson)
20. A beach house in La Union
21. Fontana Leisure and Waterparks, Clarkfield Pampanga
22. Nayong Filipino, Clarkfield Pampanga
23. Expo Filipino, Clarkfield Pampanga
24. Zoobic Safari, Subic
25. Tree Top Adventure, Subic
26. Tagaytay Highlands, Tagaytay
27. Tagaytay Picnic Grove
26. Manaoag Church, Manaoag, Pangasinan
28. Club Balai Isabel, Talisay Batangas
29. Ace Water Spa, Quezon City
30. Fireworks Olympic, MOA
31. Star City, Pasay (the rides and the ballet shows!)
32. Microtel Inn Boracay, Aklan
33. Crown Regency Hotel, Boracay, Aklan
34. Stations 1, 2, 3, 4 and the Mall, Boracay (see pics here)
35. Ocean Adventure, Subic (most recent)
36. Mt. Samat Shrine, Bataan (most recent)
I know there are several more, like churches, museums and zoos that i have to rake my brain a bit more to remember (and no need to count malls, nearby resorts, parks and dining experiences….). Well, after this exercise I am relieved that i have not taken our “home” for granted after all…. 🙂
See also my other “Been There” page
Here’s my tribute to my whole family, kins or clans:
Regardless how “huge” is our family, we remained intact, happy, excited, close and harmoniously together! And to think we are now “breeding” the 3rd generation,
We are really indeed blessed and lucky being born in the right time and right place with right family….
See this music picture clips of our glorious times together…