Event: Project Kindness for Kids (Share-a-toy!)
Place: The Garage, Matungao Bulacan
Date: December 24, 2009
With : Family
Yes, another episode of Project K for K was held at Matungao Bulacan, Bulacan (our hometown). We have prepared toys for about 150 kids within the vicinity and we gave it away on the 24th. It’s been fun, warming experience having brought smile to kids. Plus, the “cousinhood” was having a really great time volunteering during the distribution…. Some of our nephews and nieces even waited on the line to receive their share of toys as well, then they distributed candies. It was also a plus-experience for Chuko and Deanne as, aside from having fun too, Chuko also need “community service credits” even on vacation as required by their school back in US.
Christmas is really for fun, fun, fun and giving, giving, giving! What a wonderful blessing being a part of a blessing to others (even in simple ways…). What a wonderful feeling! Life is really meant for these moments!
See also related posts:
December had passed just like a breeze, leaving me dizzy, disorganized and “bitin.” There is a feeling that I could have done more or differently… but then, I realized that every moments that passed during this holiday were all blessed, memorable and joyous! So, I have to recap it here in my “time capsule:”
1. We gave a surprise simple birthday bash for our old friend, John-john. We know he was so happy, just as he thought we have already “forgotten” him.
2. A get-together with SVS Partners for Ron’s birthday, at Casa Milan (the famous house of Lorna T at “Dahil May Isang Ikaw”). Always a great night to spend with close friends!
3. The SGV friends gathered in Judith’s condo for a simple, laugh-filled dinner!
4. Lean’s confirmation… his entry to Eucharistic world!
5. Dinner date with my very good friend, Verna, at Glorietta. We had oyster and beer and a goooood conversation!
6. The Christmas Party of Audit Pipol is such a hit! We had a fabulous time with their presentations and games! They really took effort to prepare.
7. The Audit Pipol surprised me again with a birthday program. As much I feel uncomfortable with solo spotlight, I enjoyed it much! Thank you!
8. The “Star Awards” for Audit Pipol… that garnered a good review!
9. Seri Asia’s soft opening at Alpha Land. Another inspiring (and daring) business move by our friend Flor. Congatulations!
10. The DAY…. my big day! What full-packed day! So here’s the way to celebrate a birthday! a. Charity-gift-giving (Project K for K); b. Lunch with my PG Auditors; c. Swimming at Ace Water Spa with kids; d. Xmas party with SVS Pipol! (wheeew!)… See photos here!
11. Great time bowling with Kuya Ricky, Dad and kids!
12. Kuya Lito and family arrived on the 22th (seeing them again after 10 years is such a blessed, exciting moment!)
13. Another Project K for K with my cousins, nieces & nephews… we brought joy to 150 kids with our toy gifts.
14. The sunset jump shots— super-duper goofying time in the farm doing wacky pics!
15. The Christmas EVE! The long-awaited family raffle, bingo and gift-giving! with TV and digital camera as grand prizes, it actually went to me and Kuya Lito, so we have raffled it off again! Wow Moments!
16. The Christmas morning! Being together again (the complete family) after so many years is just seem so “unreal”
17. Christmas shopping spree with Mama at Puregold Shaw! thank you Boss!
18. The Outing! The great family reunion and overnight outing at St Agatha Resort at Guiguinto! Really bonding moments! It was Papi’s Bday too!
19. Night-out at Buslo’s with Kuyas and Ates and Tito and Dad and Cousins… Where did they go after… What? “Petals?”
20. We went to Malabon and “namasko” and the family ate at Shakey’s on the 31st.
21. Boat ride with Chuko and Deanne and cousins! another highlight of the holiday!
22. The new year preparation, highlighted by a set-up movie theater! I’ve also made a “These Are the Days” music video clip for family affairs.
23. Relaxed moments (after a day at work on the 2nd) with my 2 Kuyas. Bonding moment with Te Leli and Deanne while swimming at Cool Waves on the 3rd. Chuko’s bonding with the dogs and cats!
24. Took leave (on first office day of the year!) and went home to Marilao, where Kuya Lito and family had dinner. The cousins were having fun and bonding moments.
25. The BYE day! On the 6th, we had a despedida dinner for Kuya Lito at Gerry’s Grill at MOA… and off they went to airport… not much to say, it was just a “teary” moment…!
26. Double BYE day! when we went back to Racks MOA to have dinner with Kuya Ricky who will be leaving also on the 9th… not much to say, but another “frowning” moment!
Hey, this should not be ended-up with “sad’ moments! We were just sad because we really had a GREAT time during their stay and this holiday, and it should have more… more… more! The HOLIDAY was really Fabulous, Blessed, and Memorable! We were all Happy in its truest sense!
Event: Project Kindness for Kids (Share-a-toy!)
Place: Letre, Dagat-dagatan, Caloocan
Date: December 19, 2009
With : SAMAKA group, EVC and SGV Staff, Ex-SGVeans, Puregold Auditors, SVS Staff, Papi, Jolo and Lean
It was a success! We have brought smiles and joy to almost 700 kids with our humble gift of toys and food packs! The supports from different groups within my sphere were overwhelming! The SGV Staff and Ex-SGVeans were there with our dashing Boss Manny Clarino! My PG auditors were there to help me before and during the event (buying grocery raffle items and soliciting more donations)! Friends like Bel Fernando and Mary Sumera Demetillo also joyfully volunteered. Our SVS Staff, led by my dear friend Flor, also took efforts overnight packing gifts and stuff! Also, the SAMAKA group who organized the kids on location! Thanks to all of you! Of course, a lot of appreciation as well to all who have sent their pledges, donations in kind, and lots of cheers and encouragement! Salamat! It was a success!
What a wonderful day to start celebrating my birthday! (This is just one of many ways!)
Part 2 of this happened at Matungao Bulacan… (my next blog…), and Part 3 will push-through this January…. (because of donations still pouring in!)
By the way, I can now slash one of my no. 58th on my 101 list re this, but definitely I will repeat it again in December 2010…
Today, I really have to get focused on my goal #58 :Gather more sponsors for my Christmas charity work, out from my 101 goals in 1001 days.
Christmas is getting nearer and people are asking me if there will be such an “toy-giving” event this year as I always do since 1999. I do not want to disappoint them. So far, there are already few pledges but I haven’t asked yet my other colleagues and my former boss and others who helped and contributed in previous years.
Time is rough these days as there are many people affected by previous typhoons… and if generous people would give, I feel that they would rather give to other organizations intended for relief operations for typhoon victims (which I don’t mind). But I have to ask them to pledge in this activity as well and I have bank on their faith to this Project K for K!
Actually, it made me re-think the objectives of my project and asked myself if toys-giving is still appropriate and relevant now, as they would rather receive basic needs than toys. But then, I have to keep in mind that it is all about KIDS! and these kids are those we want to be happy. Toys will be the least thing that their parent will ever think of now… and the most least of their priority…. that’s why we will give it to them.
Help me with this Project K for K and let’s bring smile to kid’s lips!
Please ChipIn (see my account how you can make contributions) or help me promote it (see how).
Thank you all!
toys, kids, generosity, sharing, love…. that’s christmas!
The picture was from 2008 toys gift-giving at Letre Dagat-Dagatan Malabon, for almost 1000 kids. Last year was our 10th year of charity work on that place. And we know we will back for more… If not at the same place but at other depressed site. It was done with the help of my former SGV boss (Mr. Manny Clarino) and my current colleagues. Volunteers and contributions were pouring. So as the kids who went there! We hope we made everybody happy!
What’s my greatest passion? I think it is in “giving”…. i live to give… if not at all times material things or monetary… then my time, my efforts, my self….
This year I plan to make this charity work better and with larger coverage….