May 6, 2012 marked the last day of my first 101 in 1001 days… the 1001st day since I made that list… Soon I will recap the final accomplishments, unfortunately I haven’t done a few things or updated some, I maybe have done only about 83% in my list, but I think that’s pretty good enough and I will not be “hard” on myself. That’s 84 out of 101. Others who have done this list way back 2009 (I think that’s the birthyear the Day Zero Project), have either lose heart and fell out of radar, and those who keeps on it until the 1001st day accomplished only an average of 70% (and they feel great too!).
I feel awesome looking at my 101 in 1001 goals. I wouldn’t have thought doing most of those silly, adventurous, fulfilling things without having a list to remind me what are the most important things in life. IMPORTANT things are often set aside (thinking there will always be time in the future to do that), and we busy ourselves on menial, urgent, superficial (unrewarding) stuff. I realized that we have to be deliberate on our choice on what we do in our time…. our life.
Life is great! Life is deliberate! Life is fun! Happiness is a choice!
Even before May 6th, I have already came up with my shortlist of the my 2nd 101 things to do. June 9, 2015 will be my next 1001st day! (See also the new website where one can keep track of their 101 and get inspiration too.)
101 things in 1001 days
- Visit the National Library
- Everyday photo via Instagram
- Everyday kids photo
- Baler, Quezon
- Road alley collection
- Kids mutual fund
- Red shutters
- Magazine challenge
- Mountain climbing
- Buy a property
- 10 new authors
- Frame kuyas art
- New pillow designs
- List of old dreams
- Aliya and lean to attend art class
- Taal volcano
- Drive or driver
- Kubo for Dad
- 10 old classic movies (first-time to watch)
- White water rafting
- Starflyer ride with Papi
- 10 movie dates with Jolo
- Lego “museum” for Lean
- Art wall for Aliya
- Watch Dance Competition (Jolo)
- Bohol and Chocolate Hills
- Random secret good deeds
- Charity give-away, back-to-school series (school supplies)
- Garage sale for charity
- Feature Blogger of the Week
- Feature 101 blogger doing 101 in 1001 days
- Solo travel
- Update Headboard
- Have a scholar but not related or kin
- Accomplish the 17 undone things from my first 101 list.
—- i have to think of some more and organize this list —-
Good luck to me!
I have shown to Jolo a chapter in the book “You Have The Power to Create Love” by Bo Sanchez, about a teen who complains that she’s bored… the writer got a great idea of giving her paper and asked her to list down 100 dreams she wants to do before she die… I have asked Jolo to do the same…
Well he haven’t finished the “interview” (cause I was writing them down)…. and we came up a short list of 10….not bad… (but he promised to continue this later)… here it is: (good thing I found the paper where I wrote it down)
- To learn and play electric guitar. 🙂
- To become an artist
- To see Hogwartz castle
- To write novels like Harry Potter
- TO become a great dancer 🙂
- To create more Lego movie
- To finish Percy Jackson Books series 🙂
- To master pen spinning 🙂
- To create an original console game
- To have own invention
The conversation took place probably last August, and Im happy to report that he have already “achieved” already! 🙂 how’s that for a “bored” teen…
It was Lean’s Bday last March 10, and he just turned 10… We went Splash Island in Sta Rosa Laguna and had a fun-filled water-activities with cousins and family.
SO much about the fun-blog about this (I havent saved the pics yet), I just want to talk about this amazing kid Lean who happened to be our 2nd precious kid. 10 things about Lean:
1. Lean is a bubbly, funny, cute, chubby boy.
2. Lean likes food. He likes any food, and likes to explore new food (like his mom)!
3. Lean is an early-riser, even on week-ends.
4. Lean is a “heavy” sleeper, meaning, he can “drown” or “smother” you with his legs and arms while sleeping.
5. Lean likes Lego (and look-alike Lego) and has a plenty of it. He can build even while watching TV.
6. Lean dreams of being a chef, a robotic engineer, or an inventor.
7. Lean is a Big Brother to Aliya, he reads her stories and teaches her iPad games techniques, and arts.
8. Lean has a plentiful of drawings of castles and kingdom. He is fascinated on stories about knights and dragons.
9. Lean loves world history book, he has a thick book about that, and reads it when he’s bored with techi games
10.Lean is so gentle and obedient, one you can rely upon when you need a hug, a massage or even just a reassuring smile, with pat on a leg/shoulder, when mom needs one.
See also page here
I think almost the rest of the remaining tasks are quite long to do to be considered accomplished… But having only about 60 days more, I am reviewing them right now and I think i can commit to slash-off all of these goals, I must admit i have to do some modification (example boat ride along Pasig River is now impossible, since the river is under rehabilitation)…. for now, here are some I can say “DONE”:
51. #22 Vacation every year (Boracay ’09; Macau ’09; Singapore ’10, Sagada ’11; Puerto Princesa ’11, Coron ’11, Ilocos ’11, Bicol ’12) – not bad…
52. #19 Take Dad to Bicol (see blog) – Jan 2012
53. #28 Adventures with kids (every month)
54. #64 Visit home for the aged (Dec 2011)
55. #86 Meralco shares, keep for long-term
56. #6 Bonding with Papi
Hmmmp… Not quite… but I am not losing heart… there are tasks that just needs “proof” like compilation (101 Travelling Feet, digital scrapbook and music video) to be considered done. But what is more difficult are some of the habit forming tasks…. but will keep at it… i just have to remind myself 🙂
1. My Aliya, my new tiny best buddy.
2. My Lean, my cuddly bubbly kid.
3. My Jolo, my teen-age heart throb
4. My Papi, my old buddy.
5. Successful “Pillow Me” concept
5. Travelled to Palawan at P25 airfare
6. Travelled to Ilocos at P88 airfaire
7. No major sickness in the family
8. My friendship with sisters FLor and Kerol and Natz
9. Surprise parties (dad, tian, pa nick)
10. Taking Mama and Daddy to Antipolo (where they had their 1st date)
11. Chat moments with mama and daddy by the window
12. Books of Mitch Albom
13. Leaping to SVS venture
14. Bestseller pillows like “Like” and “HP”
15. My newly-painted house
16. Puregold 100 stores
17. Sunrise and sunsets at paradise
18. My new venture in stocks
19. My trips in the park with ALiya
20. Beach time with Aliya
21. Snorkeling with Papi!
22. Paddling in the water!
23. Spelunking with cousins!
24. Mentoring my new “leaders”
25. Their appreciation of my mentoring
26. My promotion… without increase :>
27. Arranging Aliya’s photo album
28. Gift of paint/art set
29. My new bathroom
30. Mama and Daddy
31. Playing in the rain with Aliya
33. BLood Donation
34. Inspiring others to volunteer and to share
35. My new iPad (gift from SVS)
36. My new gate and terrace
37. Our friends at Hospicio de San Jose
38. Time with my in-laws
39. Winning major in raffles
40. Aliya’s color/art skills
41. Jolo’s love for music
42. Jolo’s 1st stint to perform in stage solo!
43. Lean’s many great lego creations
44. Our new business ventures
45. Time at MOA with Papi and ALiya just watching sunset
46. Eating seafoods with friends
47. The IC Manual
48. “Full-moon” moment with Papi
49. The Paoay church! Magnificent!
50. “Survived” many PI storms without much damage
51. Aliya’s laughter
52. Our new Audit Room, and my new desk
53. The Sumaguing Cave! Amazing!
54. Chance to help new staff to learn
55. Our series of training and workshops
56. Helping kins in tuition fee
57. Seeing my kins in Naga
58. The Classic Series of Readers Digest
59. DQ moment with Lean. Discovered DQ’s Double Dutch Blizzard
60. Helping hands of family
61. Parlor moment with Aliya
62. You Tube moment with Jolo
63. “Me” moment every now and then (at the spa)
64. Watching babaw movies with sisters (friends)
65. Church moments
66. The Palawan Underground River! Awesome!
67. Kikay days with BFF (tried eyelash extension)
68. Books of Francis Kong and Bo Sanchez
69. Beach moment with Papi
71. Gain in FAMI’s investment
72. Church moment (Antipolo) with Daddy and Mama
73. Chat moments with brothers
74. Bookstore moments with Jolo
75. Gift of books by friends and son
76. Found long-lost old letters and diaries
77. Connecting with old friends
78. New SVS office
79. The Vigan walk with Papi
80. Teambuilding with staff
81. Reading books to Aliya
82. Gift-giving at Dagat-dagatan.
83. Zeroing my credit cards
84. Gimiks with old high-school buddies
85. Discovered chocolate of Lido
86. Lean’s new sofa-bed
87. Few moments of Hilot-paa (Jolo)
88. Fireworks moments
89. New friends
90. Eat-out moments with colleagues
91. Visita Iglesia
92. Helped trained the managers
93. Writing for Tips and Insight (T&I)
94. Blogging moments
95. Hearing good speakers, Francis Kong and Jojo Baldo
96. My positive outlook
97. Probono work for a foundation
98. No “casualty” in the family this year
99. Healthy ME.
100. To God and to all of His blessings!
101. This List!
ALMOST… almost halfway through… and I still have at least 200 days… not quite too much for another to finish 55 more tasks…anyway, I know half of it are continuing, progressing tasks, while others are “one-shot deal”…. but I will get there…. I will (try to) finish them all (my 101 in 1001 days).
34. #86 Invest in online stock market (February 2011)
35. #21 One great adventure with cousinhood (April 2011)
36. #25 Visita Iglesia 2011 (APril 2011)
37. #15 Organize the 82nd birthday party for dad (April 2011)
38. #28 Snorekling with Papi to a paradise island (June 2011 in Club Paradise Dimakaya Island, Coron)
39. #27 Hiking in a forest or mountain (June 2011)
40. #61 Blood-letting (June 2011)
41. #35 Dance in a rain (July 2011)
42. #81 Join bazaar and exhibit (Nov 2010 & July 2011)
43. #16 Birthday get-away for my mama’s 76th birthday (July 2011)
44. #38 Visit Ilocos! (Sept 2011)
45. #83 Invest on Jewelry every year (Sept 2011)
46. #90 New gate and window grills and terrace (November 2011)
Yes we are going to Singapore! Wow! Great! Didn’t I wish for that since I heard of new Universal Studio there… 🙂 well it’s another “wish” coming true. God, I am truly blessed! But did you know that I almost missed the chance (story on that later). For now, I will have to bring to words my “preparation 101″… i am getting too excited to think straight to prepare… hehe excited lang talaga… Here is my task list:
😉 Of course I will bring along the kids (minus Aliya) – so check the passports.
🙂 There must be lots of water and food to bring along (mahal e!) – grocery.
😉 Cameras and chargers – save the photos now to pc to free up almost 7gb memory card – well thats almost 14,000 pics — haha konti…
😮 Pack clothes – i realized that there are only few to choose from (few means not having been taken pics of)
😮 Bags and luggage (nawawala na talaga red luggage ko–have to stop looking na)
😉 Excuse letters for schools (they will miss classes and quizzes – they will just make up) – check
🙂 Tickets to Universal Studio thru internet (sabi there is a long queue everyday for tickets) – check
😉 Arrange for service going to/from airport – check
😉 Check hotel’s facilities (coffee maker, elec kettle, etc — para makaluto mami, hehe) – check
🙂 Important! pocket money! have to raket for more…
🙂 Set itinerary and check maps (that’s what keeping me busy -and yet ala pa rin haaay….) Here’s the rough list:
- Sentosa Island: CineBlast + 4D Magic Max + Luge and Skyride + Segway + Tiger Sky Tower + Merlion + Songs of the Sea
- Sentosa Beach: Silosa or Palawan?
- Unversal Studio – syempre! on Friday! Catch the Hollywood after Dark
- China town for shopping
- Litte India
- Singapore Flyer – quite pricey
- Marina Bay Sands – at the top! a MUST!
- Night Safari
- Dinner Cruise – maybe
Now, I have to make a budget! and physically prepare! this will happen Aug 5-9!