It’s time to update my 101 in 1001 list, so as of today, i have done 27 and are in great progress in some tasks. It’s a great feeling to accomplish things that you set to do! Accomplishments, little or huge, makes one inspired to do more. Here’s my progress…
1. #62 – Sign-up as Organ Donor (see blog entry)
2. #29 – Travel with Friends (see blog entry)
3. #99 – Person in the Mirror (see blog entry)
4. #17 – Meet Old Friends (see blog entry)
5. #59 – Volunteer (see blog entry)
6. #60 – 29-day Giving Challenge (see blog entry)
7. #33 – One Great Spontaneous Adventure (Oct 8) (blog entry here)
8. #85 – Set-up Inventory system for my pillow business (Sept 9)
9. #79 – Invest in Mutual Fund (Oct 22) (read here)
10. #84 – Keep or Withdraw (Oct 22) (read here)
11. #58 -Charity Work – Project K for K Part 1 (Dec 19) and Part 2 (Dec 24)
12. #8 – Reunion Ball for Kuyas (Dec19-27) (see whole holiday happening here)
13. #10 – Organize Xmas Bingo and Raffle (Dec 24) (mentioned here)
14. #30 – See fireworks more often and be amazed by it (Jan)
15. #98 – For Good Night Sleep (Feb)
16. #37 – Watch Hot Air Balloon Show (Feb 14) – see pics here
17. #26 – Wall climbing, free-falling and other physical adventures (March 9) (read) and Superman Tree Top Adventure after a week (March 14) (read here)
18. #23 – Travel with Mama and Daddy (March 15) (read)
19. # 36 – One great adventure ride with Jolo (March 15) – see related story here
20. #71- My accreditation for SVS (Mar 25)
21. #24 – Visita Iglesia with cousins 2010 (Apr 1) – see blog here and here
22. #13 – Dad’s birthday getaway (May 1) – see blog here
23. #11 – High School for Jolo (June) – see story here
24. #65 – Send a relative to college (June) -see related story here
25. #46 – My new digital camera (July 2) – see blog
26. #56 – My Simple Pleasures in Six Words (July 3) – see page
27. #14 – Surprise Party for Mama (July 11) – see blog here
Here’s the daily decalogue of Pope John XXIII (a “decalogue” is a set of rules having authoritative weight). One aspect of the list that’s worth noting is the emphasis on taking each day as it comes. Pope John XXIII was pope from 1958-1963 and was known as “The Good Pope.”
- Only for today, I will seek to live the livelong day positively without wishing to solve the problems of my life all at once.
- Only for today, I will take the greatest care of my appearance: I will dress modestly; I will not raise my voice; I will be courteous in my behavior; I will not criticize anyone; I will not claim to improve or to discipline anyone except myself.
- Only for today, I will be happy in the certainty that I was created to be happy, not only in the other world but also in this one.
- Only for today, I will adapt to circumstances, without requiring all circumstances to be adapted to my own wishes. (I like this!-ask)
- Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul.
- Only for today, I will do one good deed and not tell anyone about it.
- Only for today, I will do at least one thing I do not like doing; and if my feelings are hurt, I will make sure that no one notices.
- Only for today, I will make a plan for myself: I may not follow it to the letter, but I will make it. And I will be on guard against two evils: hastiness and indecision.
- Only for today, I will firmly believe, despite appearances, that the good Providence of God cares for me as no one else who exists in this world.
- Only for today, I will have no fears. In particular, I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful and to believe in goodness. Indeed, for 12 hours I can certainly do what might cause me consternation were I to believe I had to do it all my life.
Then DO THIS AGAIN TOMORROW….. and the next day… and the next….. have a great day!
– source: The Happiness Project
It’s been awhile since I have made updates on my 101… The last time I took inventory, I had only 18 “minus”… but amazingly as i took the count now, I had already 26 “minus” (see here)… well that’s 25% complete with still 665 days to go… fairly good…. But I have to keep up with the stories behind these accomplishments… so need to blog-blog more…
But later on that. For now, I will also have to take a look on my tasks that are in-progress and needs further effort to accomplish… or better, i have to revisit some of them that seems “no-ending” tasks and rather change/enhance them with attainable-time-bound ones.
Some of the progress that worth noting are:
🙂 I am more into reading and been around with lots of books
😉 I am keeping up with my “motivation-project” with my staff
🙂 I am keeping the contacts with family more often
🙂 Being happy and contended with simple hits and pleasures for each day
😉 Got my true-to-life digital camera (my wish)… but need to be serious in photography
🙂 Having done the surprise birthday treat for my Mama and Dad
🙂 Done lots of movie-music clips and digital scrapbooks lately
🙂 I am planning for a travel holiday in Bangkok in August
😉 The teachings and the learnings with kids are still the priority
What else… well, just want to say, I’m still on my 101 in 1001 days…
Hard topic, this is! Wheeew… 😮
But what actually I want to write here is about my kids and how to “deal” this topic with them….
I really have to develop the spirituality of my Jolo and Lean… I am kind of bothered of how “detached” they are when it comes to religion/spirituality. They were not like Mommy as to her fascination in religion in early age…. I remember myself that at the age of 7, I was full of stories about saints and religion and bible characters and cathechism. I’ve even memorized all known popular prayers there were. I remember being amazed and fascinated as a kid (I still am – don’t get me wrong) that’s why I devoted myself in reading and learning during those early years.
I am not what you can say a “religious” person, but I learned enough that this is more about “relatiosnship” and being good!…. (as one good pastor said, “let’s talk about spirituality rather than religiosity”).
Admittedly, I have a “hard” time teaching my kids this topic… I think, I’m not really trying hard. I even don’t know how and where to begin…. That’s why I committed here in my 101 the mission of really really trying to teach them spirituality….
So I “devised” this plan of reviving our church attendance… and to put some interest in them, I enjoin them to make this as family habit to attend mass regularly and at different churches! In some way, their interest have awakened and they are now starting to ask questions… (Maybe, we can even find a priest that is not so “boring” in giving sermons –sorry)… I know, I know, I should do more than this… I should be more of a model…
Well, just to share, this year 2010, we have attended mass in these places….
Jan 24 – St Michael Parish, Marilao Bulacan
Jan 31 – Shrine of Divine Mercy Marilao Bulacan
Feb 07 – Assumpta Church, Balagtas
Feb 14 – Barasoain Church Replica at Nayong Filipino Clark
Feb 21 – St Joseph the Worker, St Michael Meyc Bulacan
Feb 28 – Assumpta Church Bulacan, Bulacan
Mar 07 – Our Lady of Assumption, Meralco Village, Marilao
Mar 14 – San Ildefonso Church,Tabang Bulacan….
Divine Mercy Shrine…. photo credit from this nice blogsite
I have made this “resolution” to have quality time with kids by making slight changes in our weekends by having little adventures. We can visit museums, zoos, new places, see movies or just have simple picnics. (This is aside from my plan to hear a mass in different churches every Sunday–see my list so far)….
I am more aware and conscious of my time NOW and I even somewhat regretted the lost times in past years having only few significant memories of our time together. Ohh there are memorable ones, but they are not as often as should be. So I challenge myself in 2010 to have at least two simple and yet memorable gimick with kids every month…. Well, so far so good…
(1) Cool Waves night swimming;
(2) hiking at Mount Samat and dolphin show at Ocean “Adventure (see entry)
(3) Seen the 15th Hot Air Baloon Show and picnic at Nayong Filipino (Clarkfield);
(4) Seen the movie “Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief”
(5) Visited Manila Zoo and Kinder Zoo and then went Sunset Watching;
(6) Beach swimming at Subic (with Mama and Daddy)
(7) Tree Top Adventure at Subic (see this site), Jolo and I took Superman Ride, Jolo and Papi took Tree Top Fall and Surfing; Lean and I rode the Canopy Ride. Great!
SO there will be more…. and I am beginning to plan ahead! 🙂