Aliya and I made a quest in my Mama’s attic, and looked for old toys… there are lots of them up there and my little princess just can’t contain herself, no matter how dusty and torn and old these toys are! I saw the delight in her face for every good find! It was my pleasure to introduce her to my old (few) dolls. But our great find was the old circus toy set still in a box, with only just few pieces missing. We took them down and played with it together with Kuya Lean… Ahhh… a great way to enjoy Sunday!
That was August 9, 2010 when I have finished my first list of “Do First Time More Often” and now its almost another year, and I have to update my list Part 2… I have to rake my memories, but I know there are more than enough to fill my next 101 “Firsts”. Pardon me if I start where I left-off last year….
1. Luge ride and Skyride (down the winding hill) – got a little scared, at Singapore!
2. Segway ride (I thought I can’t do it too)
3. The “Mummy” roller coaster ride at USS! weeee! really cant get enough of roller coasters
4. The CineBlast Log Ride at Sentosa Imbiah Lookout
5. Dinner at Kopitiam for 4 consecutive days, ohh Jolo, cant get enough of Tempura
6. Moment with the Merlion….
7. Quiet moment at the coach below the Singapore Flyer (while Jolo and Papi were sleeping – nice place to take a nap)
8. Walking round the Marina Bay (de-tour because of Olympic rehearsals)- that was about 2-3 kilometers! kakapagod.
9. Singapore night scene at the top of the Sky Park at Marina Bay Sands. Spectacular!
10. The China town and the Temple @ Singapore
11. Siloso beach at Sentosa island
12. Mass at Singapore Church (St Vincent de Paul)
13. Seen college friends at the airport- the only couple from college days (first time since about 15+ years)
14. New business line for Star City – Pillows! New designs, nice prospects.
15. Tried 2-day bazaar at the World Trade Center (WTC).
16. First to create business page in facebook “Pillow Me”
17. The SJS Reunion-Batch 87… many friends and classmate whom I last seen since HS graduation! Great time!
18. The Charity Marathon as celebration of my 40th birthday, 2 orphanages & 2 street-gift-giving
19. First time at Hospicio de San Jose with my auditors! Hello Liezl, Edward, Hannah, etc.
20. First time at Philippine Children’s Mission with family and auditors! They sang for us!
21. The “us” moment (with Papi) at Puerto Princesa. First time without the kids in tow.
22. Dinner at Kalui, a popular resto in Puerto Princesa
23. The unforgettable Underground River
24. The spectacular Snake Island and its beach. 1-km stretch walking with Papi.
25. Goofy photo-taking at the beach!
26. Special guest at new “Karaoke Republic” of sister Flor (seen Boots Anson Roa)
27. Experience “Karenderia Buffet” with Papi
28. The spa party experience with friends!
29. The new room, I mean, Office for Auditors!
30. A great family getaway at Amana Waterpark resorts at SJDM Bulacan (March)
31. Special guest at Summit RIdge, Seri ASia spa at Tagaytay.
32. New office for SVS… Major business decision for SVS (lots of first-time decisions here)
33. The 1st ever organized “cousinhood” adventure at Sagada, mountain province
34. Spelunking… the first time I heard the word was in February… and in April I’d already done it. It’s trekking inside the underground cave! (Sumaguing Cave)
35. Seen hanging coffins of Sagada
36. Mountain trekking at Echo Valley
37. Sunrise watching at Kilterpan Valley! Just WOW!
38. Two-hours trekking at rice terraces to see a waterfall
39. Cold swimming and underwater picture-taking at the Bomod-ok Falls
40. Night walking with Papi at the quiet small town of Sagada.
41. Surprise birthday party for DAD! 82nd! Motiff in Blue and Green!
42. Special guest at the new restaurant of sister Flor, “Mesa”
43. Beach time with Kahiwat family Phi-phi resort, Bataan (June)
44. Making sand-castle with Aliya and Lean
45. Paradise experience at Club Paradise with Papi!
46. First ever “swimming” in the beach without my feet touching the sand underneath the water. First ever in life-vest.
47. Stargazing by the beach with Papi…
48. Mountain trekking and meeting the bats! Lots of bats!
49. Snorkeling all day-long… yey! afraid to try in Puerto Princesa… now I succeed at Coron.
50. Swimming at Kayangan Lake and Twin Lagoon
51. ALiya’s 3rd Birthday… first-time family bonding at MOA.
52. Joined bazaar at Robinsons
53. Divi moments with Mama and Jolo – shopping galore
54. Teambuilding for my Audit Team! (more firsts here)
More to come…. I just have to retrieve from my memory…
He is now 13! He is now taller than me… he is so awkwardly odd and handsome… he talks slangishly weird… he laughs like his father… he is now into piano, guitar, rubix cubes and skateboard… he is into Harry Potter books doing marathon reading… he worries about his pimples…he just had his hair “relaxed”… he shuns me from his room…. he “forbids” me to look at his cellphone… but last night, he asked me to “hilot-paa”*; awesome :)!
*hilot-paa used to be our bedtime ritual since he was two, for him to sleep (plus his tini-smelly pillow)… massaging, (tickling actually) his foot one at a time till he gets asleep…. until we “agreed” (or rather “fought”) to halt it by his 10th birthday. it was getting difficult for me to reach his foot, and for him to do some body contortion…
Last night, I willingly (and longingly) obliged! It doesn’t matter now even I have a long queue of things to do with my tax clients, it doesn’t matter even if it will mean I will fall asleep too, it doesn’t matter even if we do major body contortion! i love it, I missed it! We both missed it!
Happy birthday! Love you, Jolo… anytime, anak…
Oh, by the way, he is still playing with his Lego… :>
It’s been awhile since I made a very personal entry in my blog… maybe because it’s been awhile since that I’m in a roller-coaster of happenings and feelings. And I really don’t know my “mood” whenever I face my blogsite, so I just refrain from it…
Well, anyway, NOW I am good! not great but good!… OR I mean I decided to be just that (anyway it’s always a decision to make)….
So, I need to be inspired and get excited and I need to count my blessings again NOW!
1. I got friends who unfailingly support and cheer me!
2. My kids are as bubbly and rewarding as ever (thanks for amusing mornings)
3. The chance to “touch” my staff’s life whom I know I can still inspire (pinaghuhugutan ko din sla ng lakas)
4. A chance to create arts and hatch ideas (gumagana pa)
5. Ice-Scramble while walking with a friend in an amusement park.
6. Fancy pizza with the same friend, talking about life, age and aging.
7. Chicharon once in a while.
8. Thriving business….
9. Bonding moment with parents and kuya
10. Good books (“uhh-ohh” by Robert Fulghum).
So… I have no reason to be forlorn or grumpy… Hello LIFE! I’m BACK!
I will be doing again this blog (part 2), for “today’s simple pleasure in six words”….
just really want to appreciate life EVERYDAY, no matter how simple, no matter how corny, no matter how trivial… Life is too short to be mindful of anything other the positive! So….
Sept 21 – Bonding with Aliya while downloading videos
Sept 22 – A good morning laugh with Papi! (RX Top 10)
Sept 23 – Good sales at starcity. Besteller pillows!
Sept 24 – Bedtime readings with Aliya and Pinggz
Sept 25 – Chicken Calzone bonding with Sis Kerol
Sept 26 – Surprise lunch-pot-luck for Pentz
Sept 27 – Sarap chicharon moment with Atty.
Sept 28 – Interacted and played with audit staff
I almost forgot to post about the movie clips I made for Mama, a loving tribute to her. These were shown during our surprise party for her… and I have made these available in You Tube (click title to link)… I hope it summarizes our love and salute to her!
Mama Mia by Abba – a celebration of friendship and her adventures
She’s Always a Woman by Billy Joel – a celebration of love (Dad and Mama’s Moments)
She’s Somebody’s Hero by Jamie O’niel – our tribute to her motherhood
Because you Love Me by Celine Dionne – our loving song dedicated to her being a great person, mother, aunt, wife and grandmother.