I haven’t done blogging for past 2 weeks… Quite busy? Well, after a short vacation trip last week with Papi (I will blog that later), I’ve been “recharged” and I’ve been trying to do most of my “P” works (hmmm, those tasks under the category of “Procrastinated tasks”) and it’s been very distressing and yet rewarding (when I finally ticked it off the list)… but my list is getting longer, I think. So, I really have to re-assess, re-prioritize and, most importantly, get it done.
I realized that most of these P tasks’ are easy to finish, but what is so “difficult” for me is to get it started. I know if I’ll just “push it a little” then it will keep rolling. Momentum!
So I have to keep it going, avoid show-stopper, avoid distraction… This is my “P” month… Will brag it later when I slash those projects in my list.
1. My Aliya, my new tiny best buddy.
2. My Lean, my cuddly bubbly kid.
3. My Jolo, my teen-age heart throb
4. My Papi, my old buddy.
5. Successful “Pillow Me” concept
5. Travelled to Palawan at P25 airfare
6. Travelled to Ilocos at P88 airfaire
7. No major sickness in the family
8. My friendship with sisters FLor and Kerol and Natz
9. Surprise parties (dad, tian, pa nick)
10. Taking Mama and Daddy to Antipolo (where they had their 1st date)
11. Chat moments with mama and daddy by the window
12. Books of Mitch Albom
13. Leaping to SVS venture
14. Bestseller pillows like “Like” and “HP”
15. My newly-painted house
16. Puregold 100 stores
17. Sunrise and sunsets at paradise
18. My new venture in stocks
19. My trips in the park with ALiya
20. Beach time with Aliya
21. Snorkeling with Papi!
22. Paddling in the water!
23. Spelunking with cousins!
24. Mentoring my new “leaders”
25. Their appreciation of my mentoring
26. My promotion… without increase :>
27. Arranging Aliya’s photo album
28. Gift of paint/art set
29. My new bathroom
30. Mama and Daddy
31. Playing in the rain with Aliya
33. BLood Donation
34. Inspiring others to volunteer and to share
35. My new iPad (gift from SVS)
36. My new gate and terrace
37. Our friends at Hospicio de San Jose
38. Time with my in-laws
39. Winning major in raffles
40. Aliya’s color/art skills
41. Jolo’s love for music
42. Jolo’s 1st stint to perform in stage solo!
43. Lean’s many great lego creations
44. Our new business ventures
45. Time at MOA with Papi and ALiya just watching sunset
46. Eating seafoods with friends
47. The IC Manual
48. “Full-moon” moment with Papi
49. The Paoay church! Magnificent!
50. “Survived” many PI storms without much damage
51. Aliya’s laughter
52. Our new Audit Room, and my new desk
53. The Sumaguing Cave! Amazing!
54. Chance to help new staff to learn
55. Our series of training and workshops
56. Helping kins in tuition fee
57. Seeing my kins in Naga
58. The Classic Series of Readers Digest
59. DQ moment with Lean. Discovered DQ’s Double Dutch Blizzard
60. Helping hands of family
61. Parlor moment with Aliya
62. You Tube moment with Jolo
63. “Me” moment every now and then (at the spa)
64. Watching babaw movies with sisters (friends)
65. Church moments
66. The Palawan Underground River! Awesome!
67. Kikay days with BFF (tried eyelash extension)
68. Books of Francis Kong and Bo Sanchez
69. Beach moment with Papi
71. Gain in FAMI’s investment
72. Church moment (Antipolo) with Daddy and Mama
73. Chat moments with brothers
74. Bookstore moments with Jolo
75. Gift of books by friends and son
76. Found long-lost old letters and diaries
77. Connecting with old friends
78. New SVS office
79. The Vigan walk with Papi
80. Teambuilding with staff
81. Reading books to Aliya
82. Gift-giving at Dagat-dagatan.
83. Zeroing my credit cards
84. Gimiks with old high-school buddies
85. Discovered chocolate of Lido
86. Lean’s new sofa-bed
87. Few moments of Hilot-paa (Jolo)
88. Fireworks moments
89. New friends
90. Eat-out moments with colleagues
91. Visita Iglesia
92. Helped trained the managers
93. Writing for Tips and Insight (T&I)
94. Blogging moments
95. Hearing good speakers, Francis Kong and Jojo Baldo
96. My positive outlook
97. Probono work for a foundation
98. No “casualty” in the family this year
99. Healthy ME.
100. To God and to all of His blessings!
101. This List!
Eat Pray and Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
It’s nice to find a book you want to “savor”… not wanting to rush reading and yet enjoying every page… wanting to go on, but keeping the pace slow so it will last much longer… this is THE book you can call a “companion”… (best to read in airports and beach) nice… proud to say I’m not yet finished with it…
Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
An intriguing book that makes one “dizzy” on plot and sequence but also loving it thinking how clever it was structured. I am not a ‘romance’ reader, but this one qualifies as that with twist of sci-fi?! Not yet finished, because I’m having hard time “digesting” because the idea of “predetermined destiny” is kind of “off” and against compared to my theory of “butterfly effect”… anyway, this book is a source of good discussion between me and jolo, that’s why I am keeping at it.
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
Got curious when featured in Readers’ Digest and found the first few chapters as intriguingly interesting. Though quite theoretical its not conventional. “The Power of thinking Without Thinking” it says in its cover… it said don’t overthink… but hey, It made me think quite a lot in every page…. thus, I’m still at it. (a good LRT companion too)
ABNKKBSNPLKo by Bob Ong
Jolo picked it up, convincing me it will help his tagalog vocabulary. A local book which Jolo and I found funny, light and yet insightful about simple things. I was enjoying the first few chapters (I have to read it first to know if it is suitable for Jolo, or needs PG), when Jolo found me amused and smiling, thus he took it, read it in few days, lent it to classmates and friend… and since then, haven’t seen it yet again to finish it… haay…
I will forget yesterday, with all its trials and tribulations, aggravations and setbacks, angers and frustrations.
The past is already a dream from which I can neither retrieve a single word nor erase any foolish deeds.
I will resolve, however, that if I have injured anyone yesterday through my thoughtlessness,
I will not let this day’s sun set before I make amends,
and nothing I do today will be of greater importance.
Tsamba Pic: Manila Bay Sunset, March 10, 2010
(“Today” series is featuring Og Mandino’s “Seeds of Success” from the book “Mission:Success”…
this is my sort of scroll of prayers I recite almost every morning, to guide me through the day!…
I want now to share this with you!)
Today Series: 2/22
God, I thank you for this day.
I know I have not accomplished as yet all you expect of me,
and if that is your reason for bathing me in the fresh dew of another dawn,
I am most grateful.
I am prepared, at last, to make you proud of me.
Tsamba Pic: Sunrise! Club Paradise, Coron Palawan
Today I will start my “Today” blog-series, featuring bits from Og Mandino’s “Seeds of Success” from the book “Mission:Success”…
this is my sort of scroll of prayers (with 20 resolutions and lots of appreciation for Today’s gift from God), this I recite almost every morning, and almost know by heart, this prayer guides me through my day (and life)!…
I want now to share this with you!
Today Series 1/22
It’s been awhile since I made a very personal entry in my blog… maybe because it’s been awhile since that I’m in a roller-coaster of happenings and feelings. And I really don’t know my “mood” whenever I face my blogsite, so I just refrain from it…
Well, anyway, NOW I am good! not great but good!… OR I mean I decided to be just that (anyway it’s always a decision to make)….
So, I need to be inspired and get excited and I need to count my blessings again NOW!
1. I got friends who unfailingly support and cheer me!
2. My kids are as bubbly and rewarding as ever (thanks for amusing mornings)
3. The chance to “touch” my staff’s life whom I know I can still inspire (pinaghuhugutan ko din sla ng lakas)
4. A chance to create arts and hatch ideas (gumagana pa)
5. Ice-Scramble while walking with a friend in an amusement park.
6. Fancy pizza with the same friend, talking about life, age and aging.
7. Chicharon once in a while.
8. Thriving business….
9. Bonding moment with parents and kuya
10. Good books (“uhh-ohh” by Robert Fulghum).
So… I have no reason to be forlorn or grumpy… Hello LIFE! I’m BACK!