1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay ‘them’
I am a good example of this… I am not very quick in answering my age, it’s not that I am ashamed of it, it’s just that it doesn’t really matter… same with my weight… (but that one I have to work on a bit, for the sake of health)
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down..
I’m glad that I have bunchful of funny and witty friends around who are great to laugh with.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’ And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.
Yep, right… that’s why I’m always looking for new things to learn… it still amazes me to know some things, even how petty or irrelevant they are (example: EENT doctors are called othorhinolaringology… hehehe)
4. Enjoy the simple things.
Of course! If simple things will not amaze us, then we don’t deserve the big things! Me? I still enjoy pandesal on sardines, picking ears and reading good old Reader’s Digest..
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
Moments of these are so few, and yet it’s satisfying… I have to remind myself to laugh often… Chico and Del (93.1FM, 6AM to 10PM) are always ON AIR every morning, right?… well, that’s a very good source of hearty laughs…
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
Right! grieve sometime… but life must go on… fail, but fail forward… then stand tall… Choose to be Alive! (for myself and for others!)… As the quote in the image above (in case you can’t see it…) it says, “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain!”
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it’s family, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
No matter how hard and heavy was my day, I always long for the refuge of home. Where love is there, where nothing is much expected from me, but be myself, but be at peace…. ohhhhhh….
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it.. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
That’s right, I should not take my health for granted. It’s not really “beyond our control,” I believe. At least, I can prolong it if I’ll really just try.
9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
Why should I? When guilt happens, I just let it pass (or make amends)… Next time around, I should know better!
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
Ommmh, something I am not very good at… But I am working on it….I know it will really make a difference for the one we give love to (and me also) …. Ya, I will have to make efforts….
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!