Just some thoughts about things that are annoying but one can’t help but just be good-natured about it… Examples are:
- A big guy in barong a seatmate in public van, who opted to activate the sound of his old celfone (when he clearly has a headphone) and proudly played “i will survive” and “freak-out”… Those who wants to take a nap were clearly flusterred. And the songs….. Hindi bagay!
- A usual scene in LRT. Why it is seems automatic for the guys who got hold of a seat, then suddenly got to sleep when a girl stands in front of him. Zzzzzz….
- Another LRT scene, guys who sings out load, while he is listening on his headset. It is acapella for us who hears…. Volume down please…
Just something to smile about for today evethough its awkward, and irritating….
While I was just seating taking a rest, thinking of my takehome work to do later…. my Aliya approached me with a little paper, she said, “look at this Mum, it says i love you!” and she kissed me… And she put her chin on her two palms while resting her elbows on my legs, waiting for me to see whats written on the paper… Oohhh… So want to capture that sweet face, that priceless scene, that charming smile… Of course the paper are just full of mild scrawl of “worms” and wavy lines… (she can’t write yet)… And of course, to her (and to me) it says… “I love you” priceless, so rewarding… 🙂
That night we ended up sleeping late, just chatting, reading, learning new prayers and chatting…. And falling asleep content and happy!
(post note: and I just panicked when I woke up 3am realizing I haven’t done my homework!…. But also realized that I will never never exchange that night with Aliya by doing my work…… and then went back to sleep. Zzzzz)
No. 18 – Have a Solo Date with Mama
(Have to update my 1st 101 list 🙂 )
I got 2 tickets for the musical play Mamma Mia at the CCP last February… Its a pricey show and limited for few weeks only in the Phils. So its a date with my Mama! The musical featured Abba songs which are kind of oldies that’s my best companion that would appreciate it is my mom… The show was great, their voices are powerful. The music are nostalgic! We had a great time!
May 6, 2012 marked the last day of my first 101 in 1001 days… the 1001st day since I made that list… Soon I will recap the final accomplishments, unfortunately I haven’t done a few things or updated some, I maybe have done only about 83% in my list, but I think that’s pretty good enough and I will not be “hard” on myself. That’s 84 out of 101. Others who have done this list way back 2009 (I think that’s the birthyear the Day Zero Project), have either lose heart and fell out of radar, and those who keeps on it until the 1001st day accomplished only an average of 70% (and they feel great too!).
I feel awesome looking at my 101 in 1001 goals. I wouldn’t have thought doing most of those silly, adventurous, fulfilling things without having a list to remind me what are the most important things in life. IMPORTANT things are often set aside (thinking there will always be time in the future to do that), and we busy ourselves on menial, urgent, superficial (unrewarding) stuff. I realized that we have to be deliberate on our choice on what we do in our time…. our life.
Life is great! Life is deliberate! Life is fun! Happiness is a choice!
Even before May 6th, I have already came up with my shortlist of the my 2nd 101 things to do. June 9, 2015 will be my next 1001st day! (See also the new website where one can keep track of their 101 and get inspiration too.)
101 things in 1001 days
- Visit the National Library
- Everyday photo via Instagram
- Everyday kids photo
- Baler, Quezon
- Road alley collection
- Kids mutual fund
- Red shutters
- Magazine challenge
- Mountain climbing
- Buy a property
- 10 new authors
- Frame kuyas art
- New pillow designs
- List of old dreams
- Aliya and lean to attend art class
- Taal volcano
- Drive or driver
- Kubo for Dad
- 10 old classic movies (first-time to watch)
- White water rafting
- Starflyer ride with Papi
- 10 movie dates with Jolo
- Lego “museum” for Lean
- Art wall for Aliya
- Watch Dance Competition (Jolo)
- Bohol and Chocolate Hills
- Random secret good deeds
- Charity give-away, back-to-school series (school supplies)
- Garage sale for charity
- Feature Blogger of the Week
- Feature 101 blogger doing 101 in 1001 days
- Solo travel
- Update Headboard
- Have a scholar but not related or kin
- Accomplish the 17 undone things from my first 101 list.
—- i have to think of some more and organize this list —-
Good luck to me!
When I want to feast my eyes into lovely things, inspiring thoughts, awesome pictures…. I usually visit this blog. This site is one amazing place of so much inspiration on designs, interiors, colors and most especially links to other valuable blogsite.
Design is Mine… vintage and modern design loveliness….
Here are some of the photo sample I like on he entry “Autumn Color of the Week: Orange”… Lovely…
and may I add my pic entry for “orange” – Boracay Sunset:>
(April 14, 2012) I am now here in a dance studio watching ChaChi Gonzales of “I.am.Me” doing her signature steps. Jolo is one of the “students” of about 100 kids/teens on this “once-in-a-lifetime” dance tour of this dance group in the Philippines… Jolo’s favorite. We have signed up for this dance workshop since January (Jolo kept on bugging me for this). I gave in to his whim (again)… Anyway, this is yet again just a piece for the “memory bucket” of Jolo.
Jolo sure had a great time during this 2-day event, he met new friends, seen his crush (Chachi) and admired the dance moves of the rest of I.am.Me dance crew. The workshop was full-packed and tiring, but fun. I was there the whole time during Chachi’s time (she’s really an admirable, passionate, young, cute girl who knows her art!). And for that “pricey” event, what’s left are the I.am.Me bowler, autographed cap and memories of fun time! (oh, there are youtube video with Jolo in it – just watching as audience 🙂 “> here and here ).
I really want to chronicle the fun and memories of our recent cousinhood getaway. And i am attempting to be true to my “title” of 100 fun… so here it is….
- Early morning road trip up north via SCTEX
- Pandesal moment at a gasoline station in Tarlac
- Few wrong turns and few misses… all 4 cars tagging along
- Short stop and holy moments at St Joseph Church at ALaminos Pangasinan
- Bumpy dirty ride going to Bolinao Falls
- Our “all-white” cars because of dirt and soil
- Hiking to Bolinao Falls
- The amazing Bolinao Falls
- Swimming in cold water
- AJ the 8-yr old guide
- The unpretentious Carolina Resort, it suits our big family. Nice owners!
- Superb lunch at Carolinas Resort, our baon.
- Low-tide walking at the beach with the family! Priceless!
- The sporty-beachy get-up of Aann
- Papa Nick’s umbrella at the middle of the sea… unusually funny
- The short spelunking at Enchanted Cave
- Swimming in cold water again
- The sunset by the Cape Bolinao
- Posing by the old house
- The view of China Sea
- The jump shots at Patar Beach
- Low tide walking by the sunset
- Counsinhood bonding moments by the beach
- Pelentz Do-it-Yourself jerbax
- The superb sinigang dinner!
- The boy’s midnight orchestra!
- The buffet breakfast of Aling Juliet
- The unified green tribe!
- The classic green japanese umbrella
- The Aquarius Boat and Kuya Bong (Boat 1)
- The Nina Boat and the makulit na boatman (Boat 2)
- The titanic pose!
- First stop: Governor’s Island
- Hiking up the viewdeck
- Couple’s moments picture-picture
- The passion of the carabao
- The carabao tree…
- Conquering the Big Brother house
- Second stop: Quirino’s Island
- The dive in the cave
- The broken life vest of Aann
- The silent dive of Nunu
- The cold beer while swimming
- Snorkeling by the beach (muna)
- Third stop: Lunch at Quezon Island
- Picture taking 1×1
- The giant clams “museum”, lucky for us to view just by the beach (no need to swim for it)
- Fourth stop: middle of the sea for snorkeling
- Fifth stop: Childrens Island
- Tambay by the “cave”
- Papak tira, sawsaw Mang TOmas
- Shell picking
- Dylan’s learning to use floater
- The lightning to signal us to go home
- The Cuenca Cave
- The Anchors Away ride
- The kabog moments… “kilay ng matsing”
- Dinner of halaan and seafoods at Ate julieta’s
- The kwentuhan at the resort, “ghost” stories
- Early morning trip…
- Posing ala model by the beach
- Paul floating by the beach, fisherman mistaken him as ewan
- Papi and me moments on low tide
- Fresh fish for breakfast
- Nunu’s escapade with kayak
- Enteng’s rescue
- Christian tumbling in kayak
- karaoke at the resort…
- Packing time…set to go…
- Stop by Bolinao Church, souvenir hunting
- Way to go going home….looong ride home
- Lunch at Jollibee Tarlac
- Oppps… lastly, short stop for Razon’s halo-halo…
- 76-100 All accounts for the 25 of us that all have their moments of fun and memories and stories to tell (to fill this list too)… All of us who were all feel the adventure and closeness of the family….to name:Willy,Marie, Boyet, Blanca, Miko, Patis, Bone, Nunu, Jon, Enteng, Papaboy, Christian, Maccoy, Che, Angel, Papanick, Ta Mary, Aann, Soc, Dylan, luz, Romy,Paul, Jolo, Babel…
101…. Fun, adventure, family…. one great awesome, memorable trip! Next year uli!